Introduction to EndNote via ZOOM
EndNote software allows you to create bibliographies the easy way, eliminating time-consuming formatting and typing.
This workshop is open to staff, postgraduate students including honours, and undergraduate students in their third year of study or beyond
This online workshop will cover:
- Entering references correctly
- Transferring references from library databases to EndNote
- Producing a bibliography or reading list
- Review best practices for backing up
- PDF handling (introduction only)
- Manually add a website to EndNote
- Using the Cite While You Write function (in Word and EndNote)
- Basic computing skills, including file management and use of Microsoft Word.
- A good understanding of referencing and the referencing styles used in SCU http://www.scu.edu.au/library/index.php/14.
- ZOOM installed on your computer. Information on using Zoom can be found here https://servicedesk.scu.edu.au/hc/en-us/articles/225577887-How-to-get-started-with-Zoom
Before the workshop, you will need to complete these tasks and watch the short videos
- Install EndNote:
To download the latest EndNote software (Windows or Macintosh) and view the library's training resources go to http://libguides.scu.edu.au/endnote.
- Create and save a new EndNote library:
Watch this instructional video for best practices: Create and Save a New EndNote Library
- Familiarise yourself with entering references manually into EndNote:
Watch this short video on how to enter a reference manually: Manual Data Entry
- Download a referencing style:
Watch this video on choosing SCU referencing styles: Downloading and Saving an EndNote Style
Related LibGuide: EndNote by Maureen Bezanson (Lismore Campus)
- Wednesday 24 July 2019
- 5:30pm - 7:00pm
- All Campuses, Videoconference
- All Campuses